Sacred Band
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Sacred Band

Sacred Band Forums

HomeHome  PortailPortail  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Avalien - Bard

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Avalien

Avalien - Bard Empty
PostSubject: Avalien - Bard   Avalien - Bard Icon_minitimeWed Oct 07, 2015 1:50 am

Character's Name: Avalien
Class: Bard
Level: 65
AA's: 491
Time Zone: EST
Estimated play time during a week/when you play: Most evenings (EST), sometimes during the day depending on my schedule for the week
Any alts you think are relevant: Sumdaan - 65 Mage with terrible gear

Why you want to join SB:
I've been around for awhile now, did a bunch of guilds like CW and Pwny and stuff. Most recent was Shining Force. Coming back from a hiatus and want to get back into raiding.

Ive been trying to switch my main to Sumdaan my Mage, but its fairly impossible to find an active guild for him, and progress is VERY slow. If you guys have room for a Bard I'd come back and play him instead!

Also, I'd like to namedrop Yermom (Ywom) since he loves me and can vouch for me.

Your future game/raid ambitions:
Either get Ava into top 5 Bards eventually, or get Sumdaan to be a respectable Mage.

I know the game, used to raid a lot, coming back from a break now that I have more free time in the evenings (just graduated college). I like to drink and raid, and daydrink and exp on the weekends. Plz let me sing you pretty songs and such. Or cast rains with Sum, whichever you guys want more.
Back to top Go down
Apim Xirfalaya
Senior Member of the Nick Manning fanclub

Number of posts : 124
Registration date : 2011-11-01

Avalien - Bard Empty
PostSubject: Re: Avalien - Bard   Avalien - Bard Icon_minitimeWed Oct 07, 2015 8:30 pm

"Ive been trying to switch my main to Sumdaan my Mage, but its fairly impossible to find an active guild for him, and progress is VERY slow."

Sumdaan has 76 AA's and one ancient. If that is you "trying" then I don't know about you in general.

----
Your bard is an actual character, I'll give you that. But gearing someone that is unmotivated to play that character as a main-- is always a failure in my experience.
----

We could use a mage for sure. But a 30k charm with no soulbond, no mainquest aug, no diety, no faction-- is not yet an attempt to switch your main.

There may be a place for you. I'm just pointing shit out.
Back to top Go down
Ywom
Ywom

Number of posts : 51
Registration date : 2015-09-13

Avalien - Bard Empty
PostSubject: Re: Avalien - Bard   Avalien - Bard Icon_minitimeWed Oct 07, 2015 10:15 pm

Trust me, this guy can get a toon going once he gets in the mindset. He always looks for a group for xp, and when he isn't he solos or duos. He listens and cooperates with strats very well and can dps just as much. We don't have many casters, which is why I told him to mention his mage. That doesn't mean he gets in 100% on it but shit rots. Rots are bad. He can box, I'd imagine he's willing to do so, even if it isn't his toon(s). Lastly, he is a nice guy, won't dick you over, and is very helpful. He can scratch your back for free (usually). I know where he lives if I have to take a day-cation to smack him Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Avalien

Avalien - Bard Empty
PostSubject: Re: Avalien - Bard   Avalien - Bard Icon_minitimeWed Oct 07, 2015 11:48 pm

My app was a bit hastily written, so let me try to explain what I meant in better detail Razz

Ava has always been my main, I have no decent characters to speak of other than him. I am MORE than willing to play him as a main in SB if that's what you guys want/need currently, but openings for bards with my type of gear aren't very common, so I just saw that as a long-shot.

For Sumdaan: He was a screwing around project that I powerleveled while grinding on Ava years ago. Ive been back for about a week and a half so far, and I have gone from 40-some AAs, MQ was at getting clockwork cores and books from heartlands, no ikky flag, no charm or wrists or feet at all, and missing a lot of 61-65 spells, to what I am now. That includes finished MQ up to having to finish Blackscale to do captains log quest (Which I went from 0 progress to corsair's mark this week too). I'm also only about 20k from the 100k charm for Sumdaan as well, so I will hopefully have that up soon. Most of my 61-65 spells, I'm still missing a few non-crucial ones. Ikky flagged and Murk-friendly now.

My quote "Ive been trying to switch my main to Sumdaan my Mage, but its fairly impossible to find an active guild for him, and progress is VERY slow." was much more directed to things I can't duo with a bard/mage combo, which is a lot of things. I have zero good info these days, since all of the info I did have on good paladins and healers and such has been changed. Also on that note, EXP groups are almost exclusively guildies-only based in SoD when not peak hours, and Perceived Value is pretty lackluster when it comes to forming exp groups, even during peak game hours.

Ill play either character, I enjoy playing both of them, just let me know which one you want more (If you want either of them Razz ).
Back to top Go down
Nomos
Admin
Admin
Nomos

Number of posts : 272
Registration date : 2012-03-19

Avalien - Bard Empty
PostSubject: Re: Avalien - Bard   Avalien - Bard Icon_minitimeFri Oct 09, 2015 4:24 pm

we raid wed and fri at 4pm PST and sunday at 12 (noon) PST honestly that mage would need a metric fuckton of work to be good for raids, but your bard appears to just need a good charm and xp dollars. Anyway looked for you yesterday in game, but maybe you'll check this post
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Avalien - Bard Empty
PostSubject: Re: Avalien - Bard   Avalien - Bard Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Avalien - Bard
Page 1 of 1